Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
47 E. Industrial Park Dr.
Manchester, NH 03109
Design engineering position in the Grounding Product Line Business Team. Under general supervision coordinates engineering tasks and communicates with other organizational resources to complete project assignments on new or existing products and/or product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing and evaluating project requests and planning general activities for project completion.
- Analyze customer technical requirements and provide product recommendations to satisfy their needs.
- Generate new products through our NPD system or ETO process to ensure customer application requirements are met.
- Research and interpret industry standards & technical information and apply knowledge to satisfying product design inputs and/or maintaining assigned product line(s).
- Carry out design or development work as planned, perform simulation tests & analyses, selects materials, and generates product specifications to meet project goals.
- Participate on cross-functional treams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with project requirements.
- Request, perform, analyze, and evaluate laboratory tests.
- Conduct engineering investigations (such as product failures, customer complaints, variation notices, rejects, and deviations), summarize findings and prepare appropriate solutions.
- Initiate drawing orders, engineering changes, sample & prototype requests, purchase requisitions, and other necessary processes to complete assignments.
- Responsible for reporting the status & progress of projects and performing additional duties to complete projects and/or assignments.
- Interact with other departmental groups to complete other projects such as DFM, cost reductions, and internal improvements to ensure design integrity for process improvements.
- Attend trade shows, supplier visits, seminars, customer meetings, and conferences as required to support sales and project needs.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience in design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electrical devices.
- Must have strong 3D CAD skills (i.e. Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor)
- Demonstrated knowledge in the interpretation of design, performance, and standards relevant to the electrical industry in the form of product designs released to production in manufacturing settings.
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to interact and work effectively to achieve common goals with other departmetns including supply chain, operatins, manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail,and other PC application skills.
- Problem Solving
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Work well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Project Management
- Develop project plans
- Coordinate project resources
- Communicate scope changes and project progress to stakeholders
- Complete projects on time and in budget
- Manage project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Process Improvements (Business)
Solid Works (Cad)
3 D Modeling