To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkin, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vitro • Elkin, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Plant Controller is a member of the plant leadership team and is expected to be a “hands on” performer that ultimately provides financial guidance in all aspects of the plant operations. The position reports directly to the Manufacturing Group Controller and indirectly to the Plant Manager. The candidate must work well independently, take initiative, be a team player, and have excellent organization and communication skills in addition to strong computer skills.
- Oversees all financial and information system functions in order to provide timely and sound financial information, accurate financial reporting and forecasts, solid internal controls and plant working capital management in accordance with Vitro accounting policies and procedures.
- Directs, participates in and implements the annual manufacturing financial plan, to include the establishment of cost center rates, line performance standards and product standard costs, monthly financial statements, working capital forecast and capital expenditure plan.
- Works as the lead support professional to the Plant Manager to tracks and evaluates plant manufacturing performance against plan/forecast on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Identifies areas of opportunity for improvement and to provide variance analysis for plant management action(s). Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and assists local team with linkage between KPI’ performance, financial performance, and improvement initiatives that drive sustainable plant improvements.
- Leads the local cross functional Plant Team to prepare accurate monthly financial forecast including tactics for execution in accordance with Vitro processes, and accounting policy & procedures.
- Prepares requests for capital spending authorizations and initiates the approval process for all investment project proposals for the plant operation. Monitors all capital spending locally and works with Corporate Accounting Team to place assets in service and monitor plant depreciation.
- Incorporates the annual capital plan into the plant operating plan standards and performance metrics.
- Provides financial analysis for capital and expense projects, plant proposals and productivity initiatives.
- Protects the assets of the Vitro facility. Which includes;
- Overseeing the scheduling, auditing and reconciliation of all plant physical inventories (Finished Goods, Raw Materials, Supplies and Precious Metals).
- Supports monthly cycle count inventory process.
- Monitors and maintains the validity and transparency of the store room assets.
- Responsible for the monthly financial close process.
- Establishes and oversees internal control practices and procedures in order to provide reliable financial information and guard the assets of the company, including account reconciliations and annual audit support. Strong understanding of accrual and cash basis accounting practices.
- Monitors expenses, working capital and plant performance versus budget and forecast and prepares the monthly management operations discussion and analysis including actions for improvement.
- Manages and maintains the integrity of the local purchasing credit card program and oversees cardholder usage. Manages the hierarchy of approval levels throughout the plant.
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent business experience. Must have +7 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or MBA designations.
Management Scope: The Plant Controller supervises the local plant accounting team, including Accounting analyst(s).
Additional Responsibilities (if applicable):
Skills/Qualifications: Should have working knowledge in the following areas; OEM automotive manufacturing and/or Aftermarket operations. Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, forecasting, and reconciliation of accounts. PC proficiency including advanced Excel skills. Advanced understanding of MRP/ERP systems. SAP experience a plus. Supervisory experience including teambuilding.
A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, can work well under pressure, understands the importance of time management and meeting deadlines, has strong problem solving skills, and will be a strong team leader across to the local leadership team.
Minimum educational /skills required: Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Minimum experience required: 5-7 years experience in Accounting or Finance related position within manufacturing operation, preferably within the Automotive industry.