To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Airport Drive
Oakland, CA 94621
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Aviation Security Agent
HSS Inc. • Oakland, CA
Posted 9 days ago
HSS specializes in the high-stakes security environments of aviation, healthcare and government facilities -- and is one of the few companies to earn the Department of Homeland Security's SAFETY Act designation and certification.
We apply training, knowledge and experience to provide higher levels of safety and security. Moreover, we strive to provide exceptional experiences through unequaled standards of customer service and positive interactions with guests, patients, community and staff. Building on pillars of communication, professionalism, relationships and accountability, HSS team members set the standard for the industry. A claim proven by a greater than 90-percent customer retention rate.
Provides direct security and related public services in support of assigned facility. Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or areas located within the site premises.
- Monitors physical alarm systems, fire protection and radio traffic.
- Enforces patron and staff compliance with general safety and security rules and regulations.
- Reports fires, acts of vandalism, theft, illegal entry and any other unauthorized or irregular activity to the Security Dispatcher.
- Assists customers by providing facility, exit, and lost-and-found information.
- Observes all common safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Standing or walking for an entire shift, climbing stairs, and occasional running.
- Capable of handling a 25 lb fire extinguisher.
- Capable of lifting or assist in lifting a small child or handicapped person in the case of building evacuation.
- Self Defense may be required as an aspect of this line of work.
- Security agents shall possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- Integrity/honesty: displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self and others.
- Conscientiousness: displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Interpersonal Skills: shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
- Verbal Skills: must be able to speak and articulate in English, to communicate ideas and concepts in words to the appropriate audience with emphasis on verbal radio communication skills.
- Reading: learns from written material by determining the main idea or essential message. Recognizes correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Customer service: works and communicates with clients and customers to satisfy their expectations.
- Knowledge of building safety and security sufficient to be able to respond to a variety of emergency and urgent situations.
- Skill in understanding and applying oral, written, illustrated or demonstrated instructions.
- Flexibility: adapts quickly to changes.
- Skill in reacting calmly and effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Skill in examining and verifying documents for accuracy, completeness and correcting errors.
- Skill in the interpretation and application of written guidelines, precedents, and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.