To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Virginia Beach, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance UXO Technician (SUXOS qualified) - FLEX
CH2M & Jacobs • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Flex Hire Position Description (HS-19)
Quality Assurance UXO Technician (SUXOS qualified)
Position Description, Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
THIS POSITION IS A FLEX HIRE POSITION that could be based in most USA locations:
Flex staff are hired to work either full or part time for specific projects and limited periods of time, and fulfill temporary workload requirements. These employees are eligible for participation in specific but, limited benefit programs. This position requires computer (provided by Jacobs) and cellular telephone (monthly allotment provided by Jacobs) communications and reporting.
Position is on Vieques, PR island. Work rotations on-island will be one-month on and one-month off.
Candidate shall be qualified to perform Explosive Ordnance Disposal procedures on land.
Also, competent and experienced in performing management, safety, and quality roles and functions required for investigation and removal of Unexploded Ordnance (UXO), Discarded Military Munitions (DMM), and Munitions Constituents (MC) from the environment. This position is eligible for Controlled Detonation Chamber (CDC) operations.
JACOBS requires highly motivated, result-oriented employees who can work independent of direct management, implement written plans, and ensure a safe work place. These three offered as assigned positions, require 13 plus years of combined active duty military EOD and contractor UXO experience to qualify for consideration. These positions require specific knowledge of US Army Corps of Engineers systems, processes, and procedures for Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Time Critical and Non Time Critical Response Actions. Candidate shall have specific knowledge of MEC/HTRW & Construction Support procedures. Candidate shall have implemented an Army, Navy, or, Air Force project work plan, as SUXOS, and/or as UXOSO, or UXOQCS implementation of DDESB, Explosive Safety Submission (ESS) or Explosive Siting Plan (ESP).
THESE POSITIONS REQUIRE:
- US Citizenship
- Able to pass DOD/DOJ Security Background Check or National Agency Check (NAC)
- Maintaining UXO qualifications, training, and associated certifications/licenses,
- Valid State Drivers License
- Obtaining ATF Employee Possessor or Responsible Person Certification
- Obtaining State Blasting License (as required by state)
- Obtaining US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management certification
- Set-up, operation, and maintaining geophysical instruments and safety equipment
- 98% of assignments performed in travel status on domestic or foreign short or extended assignments
- Management activities (project, schedule, budgets, costs)
- Supervision of co-workers, contractors, and vendors
- Maintaining quality for work products, consistently reporting project status, and documenting daily production and other occurrences
- Verification of Material Documented as an Explosive Hazard (MDEH)
- Certification or verification of Material Documented as Safe (MDAS)
- Ethical responsibility
- Clear and timely communications, (verbal, E-mail, text, and written)
- Operational planning and implementation of technical approaches and risk controlled methodologies
- Interaction with federal and state regulators, local officials and stakeholders
- Experience working in Puerto Rico
In the capacity of SUXOS, UXOSO, or UXOQCS, the candidate shall be competent, experienced, and proficient at implementing the duties and responsibilities of the assigned position as defined in DDESB Technical Paper 18 minimum qualifications for UXO Technicians.
This position requires obtainment and refresher training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120 (e) & (f), qualifying annually to pass Hazardous Waste Physical, participating in a medical surveillance program, and substance abuse testing in accordance with Jacobs, drug testing program.
• Implement Site-Specific Health and Safety Plan for Munitions Responses (MR) and Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) related activities
• Maintain quality work products and project consistency
• Remain familiar with state and federal regulations regarding MR, HTRW, Blasting
• Lead and/or support Target Zero Safety program
• Provide internal and external customer daily satisfaction
• Provide timely reports, and maintain daily communications with Project Managers•Graduate of US Naval School of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (Phase I & II) •Graduate of Navy EOD Diving Course •29CFR 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (40 Hour HAZWOPER) •29CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER Supervisors Course •29 CFR 1910.120/1926.65 (e) (8) Hazardous Waste Worker 8-hour Refresher Training, •US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management For Contractors American •American Heart Association First Aid/CPR/AED (or equivalent) •US Citizenship •Able to pass DOD/DOJ Security Background Check or National Agency Check (NAC) •Maintaining UXO qualifications, training, and associated certifications/licenses, •Passport •Valid State Drivers License •Obtaining ATF Employee Possessor or Responsible Person Certification •Obtaining State Blasting License (as required by state) •Obtaining US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management certification •Set-up, operation, and maintaining geophysical instruments and safety equipment •98% of assignments performed in travel status on domestic or foreign short or extended assignments •Management activities (project, schedule, budgets, costs) •Supervision of co-workers, contractors, and vendors •Maintaining quality for work products, consistently reporting project status, and documenting daily production and other occurrences •Verification of Material Documented as an Explosive Hazard (MDEH) •Certification or verification of Material Documented as Safe (MDAS) •Ethical responsibility •Leadership •Clear and timely communications, (verbal, E-mail, text, and written) •Operational planning and implementation of technical approaches and risk controlled methodologies •Interaction with federal and state regulators, local officials and stakeholders •Experience working in Puerto Rico
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>