To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH 44308
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Analyst - State & Local Tax - OH
FirstEnergy Corp • Akron, OH
Posted 9 days ago
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.[SC00]
The position will report to the Manager, State & Local Tax and will be located at the Corporate Office in Akron, Ohio.
It will be primarily responsible for:
- Preparing and filing of a variety of state & local tax returns, including income tax, gross receipts tax, franchise tax, and property tax;
- Preparing responses to tax auditor requests, and drafting memos or petitions to defend tax return positions and/or to initiate appeals of proposed tax assessments;
- Conducting tax research to support tax return positions, business unit investments or initiatives, or tax planning projects;
- Supporting tax accounting as needed, by posting journal entries or performing account reconciliations;
- Participating on special project teams in the Tax department or across the Controller’s group
- Providing outstanding service and responsiveness to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrating a commitment to safety
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity & inclusion, as well as all other FirstEnergy core values and behaviors
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 4 years prelevant work experience required. Relevant work experience will include experience doing tax compliance for public aaccounting firm, tax aaccounting firm or corporate tax department.
- Accountant or lawyer (specific degree less important than demonstrated tax experience)
- Tax research skills
- Experience with CorpTax or other tax compliance software preferred
- Demonstrated Excel spreadsheet skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills; able to contribute as a member of cross-functional teams both within the Tax Department and across other areas of the company, and interact with external tax auditors as needed
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team