AVP – Team Leader - Core Commercial - New York City
Chubb is one of the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. KEY OBJECTIVE:
As a key member of the NY Commercial group, the Team Leader will contribute to the achievement of profitable production growth of property & casualty business in our key Core Commercial team. In addition, this position may be responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers, clients, and other relevant spheres of influence to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities in the Private Equity space. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate, select, underwrite, price, quote and maintain profitable new and renewal P&C business
- Provide coaching and mentoring to a team of 3-5 Underwriters.
- Manage underwriting and rate strategies that garner profitability, promote book growth and lead to successful producer relationships.
- Work at developing and implementing marketing plans with brokers and clients.
- Coordinate production efforts with other Chubb underwriting lines of business to identify account expansion opportunities
- College degree in insurance, business or related fields or equivalent experience.
At least 7-10 years of experience in commercial multi-line underwriting
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiating skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies expected
- Previous management experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills preferred
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background can contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Coaching And Mentoring