Leading general contractor is looking for a Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing Coordinator to be responsible for the coordination on the assigned project. This position reports to the project manager.
Our client is a national, employee-owned general contractor, with more than 500 talented professionals located in five offices across the U.S. Our client manages over $1 billion in construction projects annually and still maintain our dedication to treating employees like family.
- Reviews, interprets and accurately evaluates scope of work in the project documents
- Evaluates schedule and plans to determine when materials are to be procured and installed
- Provides updated procurement information on a weekly basis to scheduler assigned to the project
- Creates spreadsheets for material, install and installation procurement log and maintain on a weekly basis
- Facilitates 3D cad coordination meetings and ensures information is processed in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet schedule
- Enters RFls into Prolog and track progress
- Prepares submittal package for submission to architect/engineer
- Prepares transmittals through Prolog.
- Evaluates changes and subcontractor change order estimates relating to Mechanical, plumbing and fire suppression subcontractor work
- Verifies change order requests from subcontractors for accuracy and consistency
- Obtains or maintains a working knowledge of the Mechanical, plumbing and fire suppression Codes, Life Safety Codes and local requirements
- Conducts daily job walks to insure the accuracy and quality of the Mechanical, plumbing and fire suppression system installation
- Follow and enforce the Perini QA/QC program for Mechanical, plumbing and fire suppression systems
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of the construction industry and the ability to use cost-estimating methods
- Applies knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in construction field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job * Works under general supervision
- Develops and nurtures subcontractor/vendor relationshiip Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, (Electrical, Construction Management) or technical training is required. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree
4 years minimum experience required
Required Job Skills:
Demonstrates good written and oral communications and team skills
Receives work direction and works independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities
Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough
Creative and resourceful in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe
Computer Equipment and Software: * Intermediate knowledge of Windows Operating Systems * Intermediate skill level with MS Excel 2000 * lntermediate skill level with MS Word 2000 * Intermediate skill level with Prolog * Intermediate skill knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
We put clients first and adhere to a strict ethical code - winning awards for our ethical business practices and for being a great place to work.
Product Quality Assurance