Volunteers of America, Inc. (VOA, Inc.) is a national, faith-based human services organization that was founded in New York City in 1896 and has remained at the forefront of social service ever since, helping individuals and families in need overcome obstacles to living safe, healthy and productive lives in the community. The largest of the affiliates, Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) serves tens of thousands of men, women, and children in need every year, through 80 programs staffed by 1,300 skilled and dedicated staff, throughout New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-GNY’s life-changing, often life-saving work impacts the lives of individuals and families who are homeless and those at risk of homelessness, families recovering from domestic violence, children with developmental delays, individuals living with HIV/AIDS or behavioral health issues, older adults and veterans struggling to reintegrate. VOA, Inc. is one of the largest providers of permanent, supportive housing in the United States. VOA-GNY is the largest provider of supportive housing for veterans in New York, and is committed to addressing the needs of the community with compassion, creativity, respect, and therapeutic models that inform our work.
The recreation manager is responsible for the management of the recreation department to meet the goals of the organization within its policies and procedures. The recreation manager will develop and implement recreation programs appropriate to the consumer population and supportive of social services goals of the clients.
Bachelor's degree in a human service field and three years of appropriate experience, with one year supervisory experience.
1. Recruit, train and supervise staff providing recreational activities to all clients.
2. Design and implement new programs aimed at enhancing clients' motivation through socialization and the development of leisure time skills.
3. Develop and implement special event and holiday programs.
4. Inform consumers of all recreational services available to them. Update and post printed activities schedule.
5. Develop contacts for off-site activities
6. Prepare statistical reports.
7. Order and monitor supplies and equipment for the department.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
EFFECTS ON END RESULTS
1. Recreation program goals and objectives are achieved.
2. Client services are maintained and improved.
3. Program operates within the budget.
4. Staff is well-trained.
5. Recreation program resources and facilities are maintained appropriately for the needs of the program.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.