We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibilities of the BDS will be attainment of annual sales plan within their assigned territory. The BDS will be responsible for the on boarding of new wheel prospects as well as engagement of current customers with no wheel sales activity. The BDS will develop sales strategies to increase revenue within these groups of customers and manage sales from these dealers while increasing loyalty to ATD wheel products.
- Make in person or virtual sales calls to dealers within assigned area.
- Employ business development tools, CRM, pipeline management tool as provided by the company.
- Keep accurate and timely records of key contacts in CRM.
- Solve customer relations issues relating to account activity.
- Understand and go to market pricing strategies and identify dealers with the most growth potential.
- Utilize ATD B2B tools (CRM, ADTCONNECT, ATDONLINE year, make and model functionality to increase value of ATD Wheel products to dealers)
- Gain stocking positions with new or inactive dealers.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of wheel and tools and supplies product.
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate ATD colleagues for swift resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors pricing, distribution, and market strategies to effectively overcome objections
Key Partners (Positions): Director of Wheel Sales
Wheel Merchandising Team
Strategic Wheel Team
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Preferred AS/BS/BA degree in business or marketing
- Three (3) years direct sales experience in automotive related parts (wheels and tires)
- Preferred existing network with significant key contacts in the Wheel and tire industry
- Familiarity with car/truck aftermarket industries required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM tools.
- Cold calling & prospecting experience required
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills with the ability to create clarity for both customers and leaders/peers
- Results oriented with strong decision-making ability
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated success in writing sales proposals for marketing agreements, negotiating purchase agreements, and closing sales.
- Unquestionable record of integrity, creativity, and contribution in the eyes of customers and co-workers
- Team-Player - ability to work with others to strategize for the long-term success of the business.
- Leads by example in all areas, including professionalism, work ethic, and team success ahead of individual accomplishments.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout a geographic area within the assigned territory and may require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R15871
- Direct Selling
- Business Development
- Cold Calling
- Business To Business