To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
94R Avionics and Survivability Equipment Repairer
Army National Guard • Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Avionics and Survivability Equipment Repairers are essential members of the communications maintenance team, tasked with keeping the lines of communication open. In this specialty, you will be responsible for maintaining switchboards, telephones, and associated wire instruments, and other equipment for the Army National Guard.
You will perform field and sustainment-level maintenance on stabilization and avionic flight control systems by: maintaining, testing, and repairing communications equipment; installing and repairing circuits and wiring; calibrating and aligning equipment components; testing and isolating faulty assemblies and components; replacing parts, rewiring equipment, and interconnecting components on semiautomatic telephone switchboard equipment; using circuit and wiring diagrams and schematics; and testing repaired equipment.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Operating electrical and electronic test equipment
• Repair and replacement of radar and sonar equipment
• Ability to apply electronic principles and concepts
• Interest in working with electrical and electronic equipment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with engineering companies, the federal government, or aircraft and military hardware manufacturers. Through your training, experience, and additional study, you may also be able to qualify for the Electronics Technician Association (ETA) certification.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Avionics and Survivability Equipment Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 29 weeks of classroom instruction, including practice in repairing radar and sonar equipment.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.