Reporting to the Business Office Manager (BOM), the Scheduler is responsible to ensure that upon referral and acceptance of a patient to the Agency, that all treatments, services, etc. are schedule to be provided in a timely manner to meet patient’s needs. The Scheduler also tracks and responds to any visit alterations that may occur, and works closely with Care Management and other peers as needed for an accurate accounting of visits ordered and provided. The Scheduler schedules to ensure visit productivity requirements are met.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Primarily responsible for providingan accurate, timely, and well communicated schedule for all patients uponreferral through admission, and discharge from the agency.
2. Actively participates in agency backoffice daily operations as assigned by the BOM.
3. Demonstrates flexibility and use ofcritical thinking to address frequent changes that occur throughout the dayrequiring schedule adjustments as needed.
4. Demonstrates that field schedulingassignments follow agency standard operating procedures (SOPs) and provides andmaintains visit productivity for various levels of partners in the agency.
5. Keeps up the Home Health staffingavailability report by mid-morning daily to provide information to other keypartners of the organization.
6. Notifies the primary care physician (asappropriate) of any changes noted during care provision and secures new ordersas needed.
7. Other duties as assigned include, butare not limited to, intake, verifications, and documentation review.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,ABILITIES:
• Computer skills a must
• Demonstrates ability to multi-taskwith frequent changing priorities and deadlines, in a pleasant and professionalmanner,
• Demonstrates organizational, verbaland written communication skills,
• Applicable college coursework orvocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for therequired experience,
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonalskills in order to effectively interact with field clinicians, sales/marketingpersonnel, central intake, initial and ongoing authorization staff, transitionnurses, patients and other internal and external customers to meet patientscheduling needs.
• Flexible and works as requestedbeyond normal working hours on weekends and holidays as necessary to meetorganizational needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge ofconfidentiality and PHI sharing information on a “need to know basis only.
• Effectively performs HCHB workflowtasks in a timely manner related to all scheduling processes, including but notlimited to documenting coordination notes, etc.
• Multi-tasks and works well underpressure with changing priorities and short deadlines, while problem solvingand managing things in a quick and professional manner.
• Creates, maintains and updatespatient schedules according to authorizations and patient needs and maintainsclinician availability lists,
• Managing a group of clinicians:schedules, questions and keeps them informed regarding their patients, careplans, and productivity needs,
• Effectively handles incoming callsto the best disposition possible to meet caller’s needs,
• Resolves any unverified visits, ormissing visits, etc. as needed to ensure billing is processed in a timelymanner.
• Partners with clinical agencyresources to oversee patient intake and inquiries and assess patient needs forscheduling,
• Assist peers in daily administrativeoperations processing as assigned by the BOM,
• Participates as directed in agencysurvey for accreditation or licensure and any subsequent required reports,
• Attends and participates incontinuing education programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Attendsmandatory in-services and meetings as assigned.
• Follows established safetyregulations, to include fire protection and prevention, smoking regulationsinfection control, etc.
• Follows established safetyprocedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
• Subject to call-in in a disaster orother emergency situation as directed by agency operations.QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved LPN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of one (1) year practical nursing experience is required. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Three years of medical office experience, One year of scheduling, One year of Home Health Agency Operations experience, Experience with Home Care Home Base (HCHB)
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Sep 10, 2019, 11:02:42 PM
Assess Patient Needs
Licensed Practical Nurse