Patient Care Tech (PCT) Interventional Recovery
Fast-paced, high volume Interventional Recovery Unit is looking for top skilled PCT. Is that you?
Sign-On Bonus for Eligible New Hires
Work location: Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Work hours: Full Time Days: 40 hours/week
5/8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday
Interventional Recovery Department highlights:
* Self-scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth.
* Fast-Paced, high-volume department averaging 20-30 patients/day
* The prep and recovery area supports 3 separate procedural areas: Cath lab, EP Lab & Interventional Radiology
Here's What You Need
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* TX CNA or PCT Training Program through NHA, NAHP and NCCT, accredited community college program or a THR approved program required upon hire. Not required to maintain certification when applicable after hire or
* EMT - Emergency Medical Technician - Military experience with medic/medical training equivalent (Equivalent to EMT-B) required upon hire or
* Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or foreign nurse degree program required upon hire or
* 1 year of applicable experience in lieu of an active and approved certification required upon hire and
* 1 year experience in a cardiac unit preferred
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required prior to providing independent patient care and must be maintained quarterly.
* Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
* Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
What You Will Do
Patient Care Techs (PCT) are responsible for providing an excellent patient healthcare experience at each Texas Health site. Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients. Includes nursing care attendants, nursing aides, and nursing attendants.
CARE OF PATIENT/TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
* Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
* Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
* Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
* Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
* Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
* Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
* Documents accurately and appropriately.
* In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
* In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
* Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
* Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate.
* Uses Professional Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
* Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
* Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
* Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
* Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
* Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
* Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
* Serves as a patient advocate.
* Complies with personnel policies.
* Communicates per department expectations.
* Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
QUALITY AND SAFETY:
* Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
* Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
* Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Patient Care Tech
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
* Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
* Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
* Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
* Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Tech (PCT) Interventional Recovery
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nursing Assistant