When someone needs coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to Burns & Wilcox. Our Associate Underwriters underwrite and supervise a portion of an Underwriter's book of business, support renewal and new business development, and have the opportunity to achieve full underwriting authority. Burns & Wilcox offers unparalleled resources and exposure for those looking to grow their career in the specialty insurance industry. Interested? Join our team!
* Underwrite and supervise a portion of an Underwriter's book of business, focused on, but not limited to renewals
* Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing to prepare quotes
* Assist Underwriters to develop and execute marketing plans to drive new and renewal business, including in-person agency visits, telemarketing and distributing marketing materials
* Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly team meetings and collaborate with other associates as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 2 years of Underwriting support or industry experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in sales and marketing
* Proven organization skills and ability with a strong attention to detail
* Interest in continued education and professional development to obtain full underwriting authority
* Competitive compensation
* Flexible, hybrid, and remote work options
* Employer paid professional development, including continuing insurance education courses, designations, certifications and licenses
* Access to Kaufman Institute, H.W. Kaufman Group's corporate university
* Health and welfare benefits including medical, vision and dental
* 401K with employer match
* Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox, the flagship organization of H.W. Kaufman Group, is North America's leading wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. Burns & Wilcox offers wide ranging and comprehensive solutions to serve retail insurance brokers and agents of all sizes, from the large houses to the more than 30,000 independent brokers and agents worldwide. Fueled by its freedom from Wall Street and private equity, Burns & Wilcox is a privately owned company whose standards of service, depth of market relationships and outstanding talent are unsurpassed in the specialty insurance sector.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Professional Development