- PICK UP ALL TRASH AND DAMAGED MERCHANDISE EACH MORNING.
- SWEEP AND SCRUB ALL WAREHOUSE AREAS ON SCHEDULED BASIS. (SCHEDULE DEVELOPED IN WRITING BY WAREHOUSE MANAGER)
- PUT ALL DAMAGED MERCHANDISE IN SPECIFIED AREA EACH DAY FOR RE-PACK OR DISPOSAL.
- PULL PALLETS FROM RACKS AND SWEEP UNDER THEM AT LEAST WEEKLY.
- KEEP 18' WIDE AREA AROUND ALL EXTERIOR WALLS CLEAN.
- REMOVE ALL SPILLS AT ONCE.
- BE ATTENTIVE IN ALL AREAS FOR RODENT SIGNS AND NOTIFY SUPERVISOR OF ANY EVIDENCE OF SAME.
- KEEP GARBAGE CANS EMPTY AND CLEAN.
- KEEP GROUNDS AROUND BUILDING CLEAN.
- GO THROUGH ALL SLOTS AND REMOVE ALL TRASH DAILY.
- KEEP CUSTOMER SERVICE AREA CLEAN AND FREE OF TRASH AT ALL TIMES.
- SPRAY WAREHOUSE WEEKLY TO CONTROL INSECTS AND SPIDERS.
- MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE, AND HAVE NEAT APPEARANCE.
- MUST HAVE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF CLEANING AND SANITATION.
- MUST HAVE ABILITY TO OPERATE WAREHOUSE SCRUBBER AND BE ABLE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
- MUST PRACTICE SAFETY AT ALL TIMES.MUST HAVE THE PHYSICAL ABILITY TO HEAR AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
- MUST HAVE THE PHYSICAL ABILITY TO OPERATE WAREHOUSE SCRUBBER.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1091538
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Merchants Foodservice has grown into a leading wholesale food distributor and restaurant supplier—all from a small beginning in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
View the full profile
The Merchants Foodservice foundation was laid February 11, 1904, when seven original stockholders opened the Fain Grocery Company to service the retail and wholesale grocery trade.
The name changed to The Merchants Grocery Company in 1907, and construction began on a two-story brick warehouse. Soon after, Merchants started running a corn meal mill, a small grain elevator and a feed mill. In 1920, a cold storage plant was built to handle fresh fruit and vegetables.
In 1923, a milestone was reached. The Merchants Company generated one million dollars in sales. The next year, it opened a modern feed manufacturing plant in Laurel, Mississippi. In 1931, it opened a meat packing house in Jackson, Mississippi, to sell fresh and frozen pork, beef and Allied products. All grain operations moved to Vicksburg for better access to Mississippi River barges in 1950.
In 1982, the course was set to convert The Merchants Company to the modern food distribution company and restaurant supplier it is today. The grain elevators were sold, and the seven distribution centers were consolidated into two expanded facilities.
Today our fleet of multi-temp food distribution trucks supplies fresh and prepackaged goods to nine states from four modernized warehouse facilities in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Specialized data processing software allows our team to respond to customers more quickly and accurately than ever before.
Merchants Foodservice is one of 2,600 food distribution companies in the United States. Distributor Intelligence Report ranked Merchants Foodservice 13th in the nation in sales for 2014.