To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government & Expense Accountant*
Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation • Madison, WI
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Government and Expense Accountant assists in ensuring accurate recording and allocation of WPS operating and capital expenses to each line of business. In addition, the Government and Expense Accountant assists in developing invoicing and reporting for government contracts in accordance with Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and WPS Disclosure Statements.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
Monthly Financial Close (35%)
- Perform cost allocations to various business lines and subsidiaries for proper and accurate business line financial representation in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR),
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), WPS Disclosure Statements, and taxing authorities.
- Perform an analysis of government revenue and expenses and give reasons for monthly and year over year changes.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, and reconciling accounts to supporting documentation.
- Adhere to internal controls.
Corporate Divisional Financial Support (35%)
- Reconcile government receipts and reporting related to federal contract segments, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Apply understanding of FAR and CAS to
- ensure accuracy of recording of receipts.
- Prepare financial management reports by gathering and analyzing information from general ledger system and from departments to meet needs of internal and external customers.
- Assist with preparation of detailed billing and reporting related to federal contract segments, ensuring compliance with government regulations.
- Assist with preparation of accurate expense and government reporting for statutory financial statements in accordance with SAP.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure accurate cost coding of corporate expenses.
- Ensure clear and concise communications with other finance and operational departments and external vendors.
Ad Hoc/Project Support (30%)
- Perform various ad hoc analyses and projects.
- Perform analysis on capital expenditures and leases to provide information to management for making informed business and cash flow decisions.
- Assist in project evaluation by providing actual costs incurred to date on reportable projects.
- Maintain corporate fixed asset records and accuracy of fixed asset reporting.
- Continuous focus on identifying and implementing process improvements.
- No minimum experience required beyond noted education
- Professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must be CPA eligible
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification