- Programs, sets-up and operates CNC boring bars, CNC boring mills, large CNC milling and turning machines, CNC grinders, special purpose CNC machines, etc.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Using a variety of precision measuring equipment, measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Creates offline and edits CNC programs; dry run, debug and edit CNC programs at machine.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media, under supervision.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Grinds and adapts tooling and attachments for special work requirements.
- Works with large and expensive parts or smaller parts of a complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish.
- Diagnoses and rectifies tooling problems and machine malfunctions under supervision.
High school diploma or GED. Technical certificate from a trade school and/or more than three years of machining experience.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
ABOUT PRO MACH:
Pro Mach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach also provides Performance Services including integrated solutions, design/build, engineering services, and productivity software to optimize packaging line design and deliver maximum uptime.
Pro Mach designs, manufactures, integrates, and supports the most sophisticated and advanced packaging solutions in the global marketplace. Its diverse customer base, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, depends on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and integrated solutions. Pro Mach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, United Arab Emirates and China. For more information about ProMach, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Machinist.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to validate employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
See job description
Cutting Tool (Machining)