Food Service Worker - Part-Time
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Food Service Worker ensures that dishes, including pots and pans, are collected and cleaned, assists with tray line assembly, prepares basic items for tray line, and performs other assignments as directed by management. Maintains the cleanliness of department in a safe, sanitary, orderly manner in accordance with standard procedures of the department.
- Retrieves carts from units at designated times. Strips carts and trays, sorts and rinses dishes and silverware. Collects dirty dishes from physician’s lounge. Loads, operates and unloads dishwasher, returning all items to appropriate place in a timely manner. Cleans dishwasher after breakfast lunch or dinner, ensures detergents and additives are replaced as needed, and keeps temperature log per guidelines. Operates dish machine/washer as indicated by guidelines and training.
- Maintains high levels of sanitation in department. Ensures work areas are kept clean, using appropriate sanitation procedures and proper cleaning supplies. Cleans and sanitizes equipment, range hood, and working tables after each use. Collects and disposes of trash per schedule. Ensures that kitchen areas are swept and mopped prior to leaving each day.
- Assists with assembly of patient trays and ensures items on tray match patient menu. Prepares coffee, hot water, iced tea, milk, creamers, etc. for tray line. Assists with tray line process (assembles trays, loads carts, transports carts to units, pass to patients). Prepares and delivers coffee to physicians dining room and administration.
- Collects all pots and pans. Ensures pot and pans are cleaned using the three compartments sink and air dried per department policies and procedures.
- Ensures merchandise is put away as needed, observing FIFO system.
- Takes conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful approach regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Consistently exhibits appropriate phone protocol. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Reports errors, inefficiencies and inaccuracies to management with suggestions for improvement.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
Minimum Experience: Interested in a career in food services. Previous dietary experience and previous healthcare experience preferred. Bilingual skills preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to multitask and prioritize work. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: URL blocked - click to apply
Keywords: Food Prep, Food Preparation, Menus, Distribution of Menus, Food Delivery, Deliver, Diet Sheets, Food Trays, Cafeteria Pool, Food Preparation Worker, Food Storage, Acute Care