Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Review engineering drawings for compliance to configuration management, traceability, inspection, manufacturability, and design requirements. Liaison with internal and external customers in a fast-paced team environment for resolution of issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Review engineering drawings for compliance to configuration management, traceability, inspection, manufacturability, and design requirements. Liaison with internal and external customers in a fast-paced team environment for resolution of issues.
* Prepare Statement of Work for subcontracted fabrication tasks and work with suppliers to ensure all requirements can be met, including inspection, testing and other verification activities.
* Audit and approve suppliers to Quality Management System requirements of AS9100 and ensure that the supplier can meet the technical requirements levied by Oceaneering & the customer.
* Work closely with design engineering to determine the overall quality approach for projects based on evaluation of detailed requirements, specifications, and the Quality Manual. This includes preparing manuals, plans, procedures and inspection/test instructions for hardware related to the contracts and purchase orders. In addition, the job requires assessing technical and customer requirements, developing and selecting standard inspection or statistical techniques and procedures for inspection of hardware, software, soft-goods, electronic, and electro-mechanical subassemblies and purchased piece parts.
* Review software quality requirements, assess software quality assurance plans and verification process for software validation.
* Maintains and updates the approved supplier list by being involved with supply chain management, identifying appropriate vendors, auditing vendors, resolving negative trends and maintaining approval status within the approved supplier database.
* Participate in design reviews and Customer/Company certification reviews and prepare procedures for test technicians/Quality test inspectors. Develop Quality standards for hardware and softgoods manufacturing.
* Serve as a member of the Material Review Board and assure appropriate disposition, cause and corrective action on discrepancy reports and disposition records as well as maintaining follow-up on open reject tags and discrepancy reports until they are satisfactorily closed.
* The Quality Engineer ensures that parts and associated documentation are delivered on time, error free and within schedule.
* Perform special process and statistical studies and quality assessments and implements Metrology System controls.
* Uphold OSS quality goals and perform metric trending for customer reporting and continuous improvement efforts within the quality organization as well as company-wide.
* Executes the quality plan from all aspects; budget, schedule, and technical.
* This position has no supervisory responsibilities
* This position reports to the Senior Engineering Services Manager
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or 4+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering position within a manufacturing setting.
* Experience with NASA workmanship standards (NASA-STD-8739.1, NASA-STD-8739.2, NASA-STD-8739.3 and NASA-STD-8739.4) and IPC workmanship standards (e.g IPC-J-STD-001) highly desirable.
* Experience of at least 5 years in a Quality Assurance role , especially in a human space flight hardware development and manufacturing environment for Government products would be desirable.
* Knowledge of NASA human space flight certification and approval processes desired. Must be able to work well in a group environment and be able to exercise independent decision-making and sound judgment. Ability to effectively handle conflicts and dynamic nature of the work environment. Experience working process issues such as Key Process Indicators (KPI) and/or Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) projects is desirable. Previous experience interfacing with the NASA customer and/or the oil and gas industry is also desirable. Excellent work organization and communications skills, both writing & speaking, are required. Able to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision involvement. Some travel may be required. Experience with electronics, EEE parts, and/or software development is highly desirable.
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
- Business Process Improvement
- Configuration Management
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)