Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Specialist Procurement is responsible for the management and procurement of hardware, microwave, and electronic components, which can be in support of U.S. government contracts.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, microwave, radio-frequency and complex components, and services related to both design and production requirements.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Source, evaluate and qualify new and existing Suppliers.
• Support and promote L3 TRF's supplier diversity program and ensure inclusion in procurement process.
• Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including supplier development and continuous process/cost improvements.
• Created, lead, and maintain G2G plans for low or poor performing suppliers, update Segment Risk Review as required.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, NDAs and payment term.
• Perform source justifications, cost/price analysis, and required Purchase Order documentation for all types of commodities and services in accordance with CPSR requirements.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems and report back to the IPT teams.
• Work with Material Planners and Program Managers to maintain component delivery commitments consistent with production, ETC, and program requirements.
• Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (Federal Acquisition Regulations, Sarbanes/Oxley, etc.).
• Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
• Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
• B.S. degree in Supply Chain, Business or Economics preferred, or equivalent education required.
• Knowledge of Purchasing in the electronics industry with at least 6 + years of recent and relevant experience.
• Proficient negotiation skills, strong verbal aptitude, and excellent writing skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office capabilities (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Must be process-oriented, with strong continuous improvement and problem solving skills.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance
• Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) familiarity is required.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) is required.
• Ability to read and understand, drawings, and specifications.
• Knowledge of RF, military or aerospace component requirements.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Knowledge of and experience with ERP; Infor LN experience is a plus
• Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
• APICS, ISM, PMP, or Contract Management certification preferred
Training will be onsite, and then work will be remote.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Six Sigma Methodology