The Sales and Account Manager (SAM) is a field based position charged with enrolling Medicare beneficiaries, residing in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility, into the UnitedHealthcare Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP) or the UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Plan.
If you are located near Cedar Rapids, IA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize the national sales model to generate leads and enroll beneficiaries into the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home or Assisted Living Medicare Advantage plan
- Develop and manage account specific strategies to educate and engage facility personnel, resulting in the generation of interested residents and/or families (responsible parties)
- Utilize traditional sales strategies to uncover needs and introduce features and benefits of the plan
- Generate enrollments consistent with targets established for the territory
- Document all activity to ensure compliance with Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Participate on daily/weekly standup calls to report activity and month to day results
- Develop and maintain relationship with facility champion(s) through ongoing communication, education and demonstration of the value proposition
- Implement role specific processes designed to educate beneficiaries and generate interest in each assigned facility
- Enroll beneficiaries through appropriate use of face to face, telephonic or other enrollment strategies
- Demonstrate the value of the product to interested parties through the use of CMS approved enrollment materials, knowledge of the plan, and introduction of proof sources
- Update CRM on a daily basis to record interactions with beneficiaries and families
- Comply with all CMS, organization and departmental regulations and policies
- Provide market leadership with facility feedback relative to service and product acceptance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Prior sales experience in a B2B and/or B2C setting
- Use of a CRM preferred or the ability to show technical skills
- Demonstrated account management skills (including planning, documentation and measurement)
- Must have, or be able to obtain appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date
- Maintain licensure and product certification based on policies and procedures
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Must maintain a state driver’s license or arrange for transportation in the field
- Ability to travel 90% throughout the designated local territory
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicare sales, insurance sales, long term care, nursing home, insurance, sales, account executive, Cedar Rapids, IA, Iowa City, Iowa
Business To Business
Business To Consumer