To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Remote Support Technician
Apex Systems • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Title: Support Technician
Duration: 6 month contract-to-hire
Location: Albany, GA
Clearance Requirements: Secret Clearance
Certifications: Security + CE
- Knowledge of printer functions, connectivity, and experience with basic troubleshooting of printing and scanning devices including, but not limited to, networked Multifunction Devices (MFD) such as Xerox MFD’s.
- Shall have experience with trouble ticket systems such as NHJ Trouble Ticket System, Remedy (or similar system) and documentation required within the system.
- Knowledge of experience with lifecycle management of End User Devices, printers, mobile computing devices and other peripherals
- Working knowledge and experience with Windows 2007 & Windows 10, to include all current versions of Windows, and will stay abreast of Window advancements and be familiar with future versions of Windows, which will be at no additional cost to the Government.
- Understands and has experience with e-mail, encryption and voice Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry device applications.
- Ability to maintain an accurate database of hardware and accessories with the communications skills to keep the COR aware of needs and requirements of the program.
- Experience in set-up, configuration, and management of Blackberry devices, Apple Devices and Android Devices as well as users accounts for the aforementioned devices and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of network essentials, such as port security, switches, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with software packages including the Microsoft Office bundle and, Adobe, present versions and shall stay abreast of and future releases as they come available.
- Understanding of network essentials, troubleshooting network and cable connectivity using Fluke equipment.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE) setup and troubleshooting.
- Experience with setup and troubleshooting IP cameras.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM). Experience should include over-the-air distribution of applications, data and configuration settings for smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
- Performs integrated testing of applications created for use on the master system image.
- Leads deploying, troubleshooting, and configuring machines in his/her clinic area.
- Works with the server managers and network operations to test, integrate, or modify systems.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices are understood in the delivery of customer support services.
- Ensures the application of appropriate security measures for each assigned job.
- Provides support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers’ ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Plans, implements, and manages problem management systems designed to effectively recognize report, track, and resolve customer problems.
- Researches, evaluates and provides feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- If the problem is Software oriented, the Remote Support Technician shall call the appropriate point of contact and work with all stakeholders, including the customer to troubleshoot where appropriate.
- Installs and configures hardware such as workstations, laptops, printers, servers, mobile computing devices, etc.
- Identifies via the Internet and Intranet, software application patches or hardware drivers required to maintain network security.
- Ensures all supported hardware, software, and operating systems are in compliance with DISA STIGs, DISA Gold Disk standards, SCAP, IAVM notices, CTOs, etc. prior to deployment and shall remain compliant after deployment.
- Maintains latest security patches to meet DoD requirements. Patches will be applied in accordance with IAVM (A/B/T) requirements.
- Performs Patch management and other system upgrades during non-peak hours to ensure business operations are not negatively impacted. Any exceptions shall be submitted to the COR for approval two (2) business days prior to proposed timeline to push patches during peak hours.
- Performs Patch Management using the DISA approved Compliance Remediation tools, as well as other complementary remediation tools such as Microsoft WSUS, Microsoft SMS/SCCM, Shavlik, batch scripts, Navy Medicine provided and approved tools, etc. All identified vulnerabilities shall be remediated.
- Provides all VTC support and maintenance.
- Responsible for installing, deploying, configuring, and managing all aspects of the Navy Medicine DARES as it applies to NHJ computing devices.
- Responsible for managing group policy for all supported devices.
- One (1) year of experience with and troubleshooting thin client/zero client solutions such as Dell Wyse Client and/or CDP/Dell Wyse Client.
- Two (2) years of experience setting-up, configuring, and troubleshooting AV/VTC equipment.
- Two (2) years of experience with trouble ticket systems such as the NHJ Trouble Ticket system, Remedy, or similar system and the documentation required within the system.
- Experience Troubleshooting, maintaining, and replacing cisco switches and routers.
- Experience with SCCM
- 4 years' experience with providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support within the DOD.
- 4 years' experience with troubleshooting mobile computing devices to include, but not be limited to, tablets, smartphones, blackberries, Android, and Apple devices.
- 4 years' experience with troubleshooting printers, MFDs and other networked devices.
- 4 years' experience providing remote support as well as using remote support tools such as Dameware and Hyena.
- 4 years' experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and replacing cisco switches and routers.
***If interested, please email updated resume to email@example.com with the best time to contact you.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178