Empire Today s Market Operations team is an integral part of our company's business strategy and include local personnel managing warehouses, product receipt and distribution, customer service, full life cycle of customer orders, and installation management. This enables installers to deliver upon our commitment to our customers and support the success of Empire Today.
This position has direct accountability for the day-to-day warehouse activities to include; oversight of order accuracy, productivity levels, facility maintenance, safety compliance, and staff scheduling and training as needed to ensure customer commitment. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The Warehouse Supervisor ensures the branch is supported by a professional, well trained warehouse team to ensure excellent customer service. Direct accountability for the timely and accurate execution of the daily work orders, the appearance of the warehouse and the warehouse s safety compliance.
- Analyzes business results using the required reports, and develops and executes action plans for improvement
- Ensures all customer service opportunities are logged
- Ensures all sub-contractors are loaded in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Ensures all inventory is processed in and out of the system accurately and efficiently
- Ensures safety policies are always practiced and enforced
- Ensures all daily work orders are processed per company policy
- Ensures company assets are protected at all times
- Communicates low and out of stocks to appropriate business partners
- Maintains adequate level of installer and warehouse supplies
- Creates and exhibits a sense of ownership
- Creates and supports a safe work environment
- Miscellaneous duties as requested by senior management
The successful candidate will possess:
- High school diploma required. College, Technical, and/or continuing education desirable.
- Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Office
- Ability to lead and train associates to provide excellent customer service
- Previous high volume warehouse experience
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and decisiveness as appropriate
- Supports the branch management team by handling customer opportunities
- Ability to manage and hold accountable Warehouse Leads and Warehouse Associates
- Ability to work as a team with support departments outside of the branch
- Extensive experience successfully managing an organization of associates
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
About EMPIRE TODAY
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.