Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be based in either our Phoenix, Atlanta, Minneapolis office or remote:
Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant
What can you expect?
- We specialize in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services. We bring the best critical thinkers forward in helping our clients address their issues
- The Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant partners with state governments to examine financial reports in order to understand emerging Medicaid health care experience as well as the financial performance of managed care organization and interacts with credentialed actuaries and financial executives to ensure Medicaid dollars are being utilized efficiently
- This role provides you with an opportunity to work in a team environment to ensure client recommendations contain multiple points of view
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What’s in it for you?
- Mercer's Health business has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities
- Work with the team that provides the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally-driven best practices
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks. Having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
We will count on you to:
- Work with client and team project managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable(s) of the project; ensure development and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Ensure regular communication with client to review project status and expectations; provide expertise and insight to the client and team to solve potential problems within the project; manage scope of project, budget and timelines
- Manage the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversee client engagements including: overseeing multiple project managers; ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work; ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader
- Be responsible for the project resource management including: identifying and securing resources; ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level; and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise. Additionally, ensure project managers are coordinating tasks with specialists on the project team
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced MS Office skills
What makes you stand out:
- Medicaid program experience is strongly preferred
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.