Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 19812
PURPOSE: This position is responsible for supporting and driving packaging development in the Consumable Division.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Champions packaging innovation – actively identifies and develops concepts to show new packaging formats, materials, and technologies.
- Identifies and implements changes to packaging designs to optimize quality performance and cost.
- Works closely with packaging suppliers, challenging them for creative, cost effective alternatives as well as secondary trouble shooting and technical expertise & assistance for logistics teams.
- Establishes supplier quality standards and support supplier audits.
- Creates project plans and organizes resources to ensure project milestones are met within expectations of timeline, quality, and budget.
- Participates in product introduction teams to strategically deploy new packaging advancements.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts packaging / production / shipping tests and validations according to ISTA, ANSI, and ISO testing.
- Justifies and prepares capital expenditures for new packaging processes and equipment. Participates in the requirements and commissioning of new packaging equipment.
- Develops standard practices and processes to ensure zero defects, productivity, and adherence to local and international legal & regulatory requirements.
- Creates specifications and documentation related to package design, testing and validation. Support ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 methodologies.
- Performs and certifies packages according to ISTA/ANSI/ISO testing
- Reviews, understands, and follows the departmental procedures that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Obeys all safety rules and perform other duties as assigned by a Consumable Group Leader.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed in support of Lincoln Electric’s strategic plan and 2025 Higher Standards.
- BS Degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum nine years industry experience.
- Strong understanding of ISTA/ANSI/ISO test methods and their effects on packaging design is preferred. Understanding of manufacturing processes of various industries including corrugate, injection molding, films, etc.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and structured problem solving methodologies utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally on the shop floor on a regular basis.
- Competency with 3D modeling software.
- Ability to travel between Lincoln Subsidiaries and Suppliers.
- Knowledge of MS Office software, including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point; familiarity with SAP a plus.
- Ability to perform hands-on work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Six Sigma Methodology
Packaging And Labeling