Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We have an immediate need for a Industrial Construction Site Supervisor currently based out of our Commerce, CA (LA area) office. This is intended as a permanent career position. Our Construction Site Supervisors will be spending time working with Construction Project Managers, Construction Safety Managers and on jobsites with other Construction Managers and Site Supervisors currently employed with us.
- The Industrial Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of a construction resources and activities from inception to project close-out.
- The position includes supervisory responsibility for all onsite construction activities through completion, including oversight of daily subcontractor work and coordination with Owner’s operations.
- The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Will prepare daily reports and maintain project schedules of anticipated project construction activities, review plans and specifications, conduct project coordination meetings and regular on-site safety inspections.
- This is a full-time career-oriented position and requires flexibility to travel to and work on construction job sites for extended periods.
- 7+ years’ related experience as a Industrial Construction Site Supervisor (10 years is preferred).
- Highly desired is a minimum of 5 years of experience as Construction Site Supervisor in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Successfully completed Site Supervision of industrial projects with values ranging from $500K to $20M.
- Assist Construction Project Manager with project coordination and scheduling
- Some experience within active operating manufacturing Facilities is preferred.
- Project experience and working knowledge of piping systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing equipment and piping systems
- Understanding of full building controls automation with integration to electrical & fire alarm systems
- Project quality control, test & balance, commissioning, owner training, and continued owner support
- Estimate breakdown, contract buy-out, project coordination and scheduling
- Project accounting: monthly billing, invoice approval, job cost review & forecasting, project revenue forecasting
- Project manpower planning for self-performed and subcontracted crews
- Specification review, RFI's, conflict resolution
- Change order pricing and processing
- Develop and maintain Client and sub-contractor relations
- Specification reviews
- Change order pricing and processing, RFI's, and conflict resolution
- Completion of OSHA 10- or 30-hour training required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project is desired.
- Relocation- This is intended as a permanent career position. We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants some relocation assistance may be available.
- Travel - Flexibility for travel to and work on jobsites for extended periods of time is required. The vast majority of this travel will be regional to construction jobsites or for assignments at client facilities to provide supervision oversight of construction activities.
Highly desired is a BS Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related technical degree field, but equivalent years of experience as a Construction Site Supervisor for large industrial or manufacturing structures can be substituted for degree.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
- Industrial Structures
- Background Checks
- Construction Management