Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Payroll Manager
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Lead the daily operations of the Payroll Group while providing knowledge and leadership for all things payroll related in our business.
- Manage all tax and regulatory requirements and ensure in compliance
- Multi-state payroll tax expert
- Quarterly and yearly close and filing requirements
- Lead year end W-2 submissions, et al
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing for over 9,000 employees
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for all payroll cycle events
- Payroll inputs processing (e.g. one-time payments, non-exempt overtime)
- Ensure payroll and HR users are trained on payroll processes and adhere to required procedures and timelines
- Compliance with internal audit controls and reporting associated with the third party payroll provider
- Ensure changing compliance requirements are reflected in procedures and communicated to system users
- Ensure the appropriate master data structure is maintained
- Consult with other businesses sharing database instance to ensure minimum requirements for consistency are met
- Liaise with HR and Benefits regarding changes likely to impact downstream payroll processes (e.g. tax filing) and benefit vendor interfaces
- Implement changes with minimal disruption
- Work in partnership with the corporate payroll accounting group. Reconcile garnishment, union dues, and other accounts as required.
- Review procedures and complete/ update where necessary
- Monitor payroll users for correct use of procedures, audit data for issues. Provide assistance for taking corrective action
- Manage key events in the payroll system
- Ensure required steps are executed according to plan.
- Ensure management requirements for payroll reporting are met
- Work with management to define requirements
- Determine what data will be required, how this is to be maintained, and how data is to be represented in reports
- Develop reports or arrange development of these by system provider
- Ability to coach and mentor Team members to achieve accurate and compliant processing
BA/BS degree required7 - 15 years of hands-on payroll experience5 + years of experience leading, mentoring, and managing a Payroll Production team in a large corporate environmentMaintains up-to-date knowledge on compliance requirementsExpert knowledge of ADP-Vantage or other large scale payroll systemAnalytical skills to the level required to understand database structures and interdependenciesCommunication skills to the level required to understand management reporting requirements and translate these into specifications for payroll reportsCollaborative approach to working with other businesses, and different departments within own businessProficient in reviewing manuals, procedures, training materials and updating where requiredAbility to train payroll usersCertified Payroll Professional designation preferred but not required
#LI-TM1 #IND1P #CB1
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Regulatory Requirements