The VP of Strategic Clients is a strong leader who builds and maintains trusted executive relationships with strategically important accounts. This executive will be accountable for the achievement of client specific financial objectives, including both growth and retention. This position functions as a client leader internally and externally for key assigned accounts within a specific region. This leader will need to uncover and act on the competitive environment in their accounts as well as provide insights on competitors that are compiled, analyzed and competitor plans provided to marketing and product. This position will be responsible for one or more of Company’s largest and most complex clients.
Customer Retention - 60%
- Annual revenue baseline measure
- Renewals are a core part of the revenue retention baseline
Customer Growth - 40%
- Organic sales closed within account management baseline
- Account management needs to be “lead” source of closed sale
- Cross selling is a significant portion of the growth metric
Strategic account planning, retention and growth – accountable for defining and owning strategic account planning and deployment across the entire range of Company’s products and services in the provider channel, ensuring that we are meeting customer’s needs and expectations to include:
- Driving expansion of assigned accounts based on financial targets
- Functions as the client’s advocate within CHC to ensure the client receives the appropriate amount of attention and added value. Develops long-term relationships with assigned clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Facilitates the meeting of the key leader counterparts to deepen the overall relationship. Involves CHC resources from the SLT to service delivery teams as needed to problem solve, collaborate and/or otherwise ensure client performance objectives and expectations are met.
- Becomes an expert on the client’s business in the context of the overall health care industry. Understands how the client differentiates itself in markets and creates client value and how the CHC portfolio can support/maximize their differentiation
- Oversees regular joint strategic account planning and business reviews (roadmaps, innovation, etc.) and tactical activities (governance, performance objectives, critical milestones) to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Proactively and continually assesses, clarifies and validates short term needs and long term client objectives. Directs client to solution development efforts to address client needs.
Minimum/Critical Skills Required:
- 7-10 years of strategic account management experience in the provider segment or strategic consulting experience in healthcare
- A minimum of 4 years in a client, strategic partner or supplier facing role
Additional Knowledge / Skills:
- Revenue Cycle experience highly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in Healthcare across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior technical and business decision makers
- Understanding of complex sales cycles at strategic level
- Adaptive, collaborative, expedient and driven with a deep product knowledge
- Customer centric with the ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market and/or customer needs
- Ability to develop and deploy the strategy that drives customer partnership, revenue growth and retention
- Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and the drive to create real and measurable business results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Education / Training:
- BS degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong preference that the candidate is located in the same geographic region as the customer portfolio
- Environment – Office environment/remote office
- 50% - 75% travel required