To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Naples, FL 34108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer Tech - Prototype
Arthrex • Naples, FL
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a day-shift position that will be located at the Arthrex Manufacturing facility in Naples, FL.
Main Objective: Program CMM & Micro-Vu, help to validate machines, use SolidWorks and other modeling software, write and update documentation. Coordinate the creation and transfer of all Prototype information and documentation, and internal and external prototyping activities between AMI Manufacturing Engineers, Arthrex Product Engineers , other Arthrex Departments and outside services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Priorities are aligned with Prototype requests and with the Prototype manufacturing plan.
- Liason between Quality, Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering to determine the best outcomes for prototype requests.
- Creates and checks prototype documentation in accordance with customer requirements.
- Transfer information and documentation with required departments and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with the design, develop, test and manufacture fixtures, gaging products, and other tools.
- Prepare and implement inspection instructions and perform quality checks.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Engineers on prototype inspections and fixtures.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external prototyping activities.
- Excellent technical writing skills to create work instructions, reports, and technical documentation.
- Maintains compliance and executes all internal policies, procedures and all related paperwork in conjunction with QMS, ISO, and FDA guidelines.
- Has basic knowledge on all software programs, but working towards a full working knowledge.
- May assist with training and fielding questions from the prototype machinists and Quality and Manufacturing Engineers as needed.
- Load part number, product structure and router steps in SAP or any equivalent ERP system
- Handle multiple project management at a pre-determined lead-time and prioritize and respond to special assigned projects.
- Use CAD skills to make drawing revisions.
- Communicate with customer design engineers regarding prints/models, delivery dates, changes on drawings and parts and prototype requests.
- Coordinate with outside contractors and create necessary documents such as purchase requests and MOC (Management of Change) for procurement of new machines/ equipment and outside services.
- Prepare layouts and drawings of the assembly process and of parts to be manufactured.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, and equipment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High school Diploma or equivalent required.
Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline with emphasis on science, engineering and mathematics preferred.
Experience programming CMM and Micro-Vu strongly preferred.
Five years of experience in manufacturing or quality required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
SolidWorks or related CAD modelling skills. Full working knowledge of machining properties of common metals and alloys. Ability to read blue prints. Advanced Geometric, Dimension and Tolerancing knowledge required. Project management skills preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
General knowledge of CNC and manual machining processes. General knowledge of inspection equipment….bench inspection, comparator, vision inspection systems, and CMM.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-70 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.