In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Published: 30+ days ago Job ID: J-00249080-726
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
* Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton, CT (US) is seeking a Manager to lead one of our Supplier Quality Engineering teams for the Industrialization Group here in Wilton Connecticut. The Industrialization Group is a department within the Wilton Development & Engineering (D&E) organization. This person will lead a team of supplier quality engineers and cost engineering specialists who have the responsibility to develop industrialized, cost effective solutions for Wilton's new products in coordination with the ASML design team, the ASML program team, and with our key suppliers. These new products include optical, opto-mechanical, opto-electronic, electronic, mechanical and mechatronic systems, sub-systems and components. Key focus areas include:
* Managing 20 to 30 individual contributors and a limited number of external consultants.
* Hiring, onboarding, training the supplier quality engineering and cost engineering teams.
* Preparing for routine coaching & feedback sessions for your team.
* Preparation & delivery of yearly performance management materials.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML, D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. The Industrialization Department supplies resources, means, methods, and technology to ensure the parts quality and cost meet ASML's requirements in all product phases. This person will report to the Department Manager of the Industrialization & Optical Modules department in D&E Wilton. This job requires a capable and accomplished leader to:
* Directly manage a team of 25-35 engineers (supplier quality & cost engineers).
* Develop and sustain project results: on time delivery of Wilton's products to the specified performance at the right quality, reliability, move-rate, and cost.
* Secure the quality of the teams deliverables-industrialization & cost documentation, and physical material from our suppliers (secured all the way through the 'n-tier').
* Own and maintain responsibility of the way-of-working competence activities of the Supplier Quality Engineering team including training, communication, and process maturity management. Responsible for developing expertise within your group, technology roadmaps for our suppliers, and maintaining alignment with our key suppliers and manufacturing team.
* Build and develop technical supplier quality competences within ASML's supply chain (e.g., SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, operational excellence).
* Organize and drive training for your group.
* Responsible for all aspects of people management: training, performance management, coaching/mentoring, project assignments, budgets.
* Lead recruiting activities for your group-build your team with competent and diligent employees.
* Support your team's technology development: Stay current with the latest technology and manufacturing developments in the various fields; Work with your project managers, Technical Supplier Managers, and module architects on technology road mapping for our suppliers.
* Perform competence development with your team, support problem solving & lessons learned activities; Work with your team to develop technical solutions for your products.
* Manage your stakeholders: Communicate with your stakeholders and customers on a routine basis, set expectations and communicate any gaps.
* Create a vision for your group and drive your team; Strive to be a learning organization; Create an environment of continuous improvement.
* Some travel (up to 20%) primarily in the US (primarily) with some travel to Europe, and Asia, as required.
Education and experience
Minimum Education Qualifications:
* Master's Degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Eng Physics, etc.), or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience managing direct reports.
Based on the education level as outlined above, relevant work experience should include:
* Leading teams in a high-tech, development and manufacturing environment.
* Green or Black Belt/Lean Six Sigma experience including tooling (e.g. SPC, FMEA, 8D).
* Experience in project management in complex high-tech low volume industry.
* Experienced in supplier management & cost management.
* Experience in quality improvement & operational excellence in manufacturing environment.
* Experience in participating in improvement projects, including with suppliers.
* Working closely with suppliers on technical/manufacturing process development including mFLOW, pFMEA, SPC, RCA, 8D, etc.
* Direct manufacturing experience (optical, electrical, mechanical, mechatronics) is a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
* Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
* Can learn and apply new information or skills.
* Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
* Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
* Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
* Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
* Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
* Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
* Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
* Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
* Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors.
* Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
* Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* May require travel dependent on business needs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
* The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
* Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
* The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
* A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Learn more about this job
About the location
* Wilton, Connecticut
* United States
* ASML at a glance
* Working at ASML
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Computer Keyboards