At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal's Legal Team is looking for an experienced and dynamic Patent Litigation paralegal to join its Intellectual Property Legal team. In this role, you will work closely with the IP team attorneys managing all aspects of PayPal's patent litigation docket. This position reports to the Senior Director, Associate General Counsel, Head of IP and can be located in one of PayPal's satellite offices with the possibility of remote work.
* Aid IP Team attorneys in management of PayPal's ongoing IP/Patent litigation matters, including direction and coordination of outside counsel support personnel as required.
* Assist with the management of IP litigation including preparing hold notices, researching, and analyzing claims, gathering documents, source code collection, reviewing pleadings and discovery responses, and trial preparation.
* Maintain and manage information relating to litigation and other matters handled by PayPal's IP Litigation team and use that information to drive better processes and efficiencies.
* Actively participate in special projects, including establishing strategies, guidelines, processes, and procedures, to enable the IP Team to provide best in class service to its business partners.
* Develop a thorough understanding of, and proficiency with, PayPal eDiscovery and data subject access request workflows and perform data collections from a variety of data repositories, including Office 365, Slack, shared files and folders. You will also provide support to attorneys, paralegals, and law firm personnel regarding practice support software and tools (e.g., Relativity, Eclipse, NUIX, iPro, etc.).
Job Requirements and Basic Qualifications
* The ideal candidate should have knowledge of PayPal's products and services.
* The successful candidate will collaborate with PayPal legal colleagues across our global organization.
* The candidate should be capable of managing numerous projects and matters simultaneously under tight deadlines while maintaining a good sense of humor and positive attitude.
* The successful candidate will be able to use initiative and discretion to proactively complete routine assignments with minimal supervision.
* Must be a skilled oral and written communicator.
* Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
* Familiarity with, and strong interest in, PayPal, e-commerce, emerging payment technology and the payments industry.
* Proficiency in all aspects of litigation lifecycle, case management and the eDiscovery Reference Model ("EDRM").
* Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited school preferred.
* College degree preferred.
* Prior experience in-house IP litigation experience preferred.
* Prior experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
Additional Job Description:
* PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patent Litigation Paralegal
The U.S. national hourly pay range for this role is
$31 to $67
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patent Litigation Paralegal
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Patent Litigation Paralegal
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- Case Management
- Claim Processing
- E Commerce
- Eclipse (Software)