Fully responsible for management of material flow to meet customer commitments in the most cost and time efficient manner using the inventory, purchasing and production planning modules of an ERP system.
• Coordinate and Work directly with suppliers, management, and logistics teams to schedule, expedite, and track deliveries to ensure schedules are met.
• Create and maintain all manufacturing work orders
• Alter schedules, expedite operations, and work with multi discipline team and vendors to resolve delays and unforeseen difficulties that negatively affect our ability to meet commitments.
• Direct point of contact for Production and Project Management for material requirements, schedules and costing.
• Resolve material issues that affect production schedules and facilitate material return
• Manage all material movement through ERP system and run daily reports on material order status by project
• Release material to production according to schedules
• Explode BOMs to verify lead times and manage against schedules
• Employ a just in time material delivery philosophy to meet schedules
• Maintain close coordination with Engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
• Verify BOMs against CAD drawings and project SOW to ensure order accuracy.
• Record items transferred between projects and track ramifications on pricing, delivery and inventory
• Verify and review project based purchase requisitions for accuracy and confirmation of receipt of material against schedule.
• Review impact of all pending Engineering Change Requests upon schedule and pricing.
• Establish good business relationship with suppliers to allow for improved lead times, better pricing and facilitation of problem resolution.
• Work directly with suppliers to schedule, expedite, and track deliveries.
• Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
• Work with suppliers to Review project based material invoices to ensure accuracy and work with vendor to resolve any discrepancies.
• Responsible for working with Material Control Coordinator to ensure proper stock inventory levels are maintained.
• Identify and recommend dispositions of excess and obsolete inventories.
• Work closely with team to effectively take advantage of trends
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
• Minimum five (5) years' experience in a material control or production planner role for a manufacturing company.
• Strong communication skills that will allow for effective verbal and written communication with suppliers and internal customers..
• Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and to identify electronic components
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Must be highly organized and able to multi task in an extremely dynamic environment
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and prior experience working with an MRP or ERP system
Lehigh Technical is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Material Requirements Planning
Just In Time