To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
700 Chestnut Ridge Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Import/Export Compliance Specialist
Teledyne Technologies • Chestnut Ridge, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers and related test and measurement solutions that enable companies across a wide range of industries to design and test electronic devices of all types. Since our founding in 1964, we have focused on creating products that improve productivity by helping engineers resolve design issues faster and more effectively.
Headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, New York, LeCroy has sales, service and development subsidiaries in the US and throughout Europe and Asia. LeCroy products are employed across a wide variety of industries, including semiconductor, computer, consumer electronics, military/aerospace, automotive/industrial, and telecommunications. Teledyne LeCroy's is a part of its parent company, Teledyne Technologies; NASDAQ: TDY.
Import/Export Compliance Specialist
Administrator will be expected to accomplish at least the following:
This position requires the development, implementation and management of the import compliance functions as it relates to imports across the corporation. The role demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and a strong import trade expertise. The Import/Export Administrator will support the location in managing imports/exports, interacting with all of the various functional areas, and Teledyne’s Corporate International Trade Compliance office.
- Determination of trade data such as: HTS, ECCN, Country of Origin, trade preference program qualification, product codes, import/export documentation requirements and valuation of products.
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to ensure compliance of imports and exports.
- Develop, implement, enhance and maintain trade compliance management systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions.
- Assist facility in development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of trade compliance facility procedures and work instructions.
- Audit facility compliance with Global Trade Compliance Management Systems
- Execute, monitor and resolve import and export blocks and sanctioned party screening.
- Ensure employee understanding of legal regulations and principles relative to the import and export of products through communications and training.
- Keep abreast of changes in trade regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Manage all non-regular trade compliance interfaces with government agencies including working with external counsel and consultants. Provide additional resources to facilities as needed to manage non-routine audits and/or investigations.
- Secure import licenses as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years related import and/or export analyst experience including full knowledge of HTSUS classification principles
- Full knowledge of the tariff classification and valuation principles and laws
- Technical expertise in import laws & regulations, including classifications, valuation, country of origin, duty preference programs, and sanctioned party screening
- Experience in development and implementation of import compliance procedures
- Excellent analytical and organization skills including ability to collect, structure, analyze and communicate data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills; ERP/BAAN skills a plus
- Ability to read and understand complex legal regulations
- Experience with any of the following a plus: NAFTA, KORUS, Duty Drawback, AES and EEI; Trade preference programs and Free Trade Agreements; trade compliance
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and drive results;
- High accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for this position;
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing with excellent time management skills is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Should be highly proficient in various PC-based software packages.