To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Maitland, FL
- Sonepar USA
- Phone: 843-745-1875
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant (4977-034)
Sonepar USA • Maitland, FL
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sonepar USA is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B2B distribution of electrical products and related services. We are a member of the Sonepar Group, the world's largest privately-held electrical distributor. In the USA, we are represented by 18 locally managed electrical and industrial distributors with over 700 locations and coverage in all 50 states.
This position performs the general accounting and reconciliations for Sonepar Management Group, oversees the intercompany elimination process, and assists the Sonepar Management Group with allocations and invoicing. This position serves as the accounting liaison for the Finance Department.
- Perform monthly general ledger close which includes journal entries and account reconciliations,
- Cash and line of credit accounting including journal entries and reconciliations
- Develop and maintain relationship with operating companies to resolve questions/issues that arise in the normal course of business including opening/closing branches, lease/buy decisions, etc.
- Sales tax accounting including preparing sales and use tax filings, registering in new states, cities, counties and assisting with sales tax audits
- Fixed asset accounting including maintaining asset records, ensuring proper capitalization and useful lives
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Lead special projects and ad hoc requests
- Prepare and distribute monthly Corporate reporting for all department heads and executives
- Prepare and distribute allocation of Corporate costs
- 3+ years operational/financial/accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business, with master's degree a plus
- Experience with Great Plains is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and ERP systems - experience with Eclipse ERP a plus
- Strong communication skill / customer service nearly as important as technical skills
- General ledger accounting, analytical skills, and the ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts to achieve a positive outcome
- Ability to manage work for businesses without being on-site within the business
- CPA/Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
Business Unit: Sonepar