Process permit applications, requisition checks for permits, commute to and from municipalities to drop off applications and pick up permits, compile all information relevant to starts from other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Attend meetings, work with Operations Department Managers and Division President to plan and schedule starts as requested.
- Assist with checking accuracy of plot plans prior to submitting permit application to municipality.
- Complete check requests for correct fee amounts for permits.
- Maintain documentation of all home permits.
- Assist with monitoring and updating various community permits.
- Map start plan for new communities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- One (1) – two (2) years’ experience in the building industry
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with public agencies a plus
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner with customers, subcontractors and municipalities
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted and distributed work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. Will operate a motor vehicle.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt