Inspector-Machine Parts & Fab
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Employees must meet all customer/company quality expectations and/or requirements in order to ensure product integrity.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Performs mechanical and visual inspection, as required, Shipping, Receiving or Manufacturing areas
- Under minimum supervision, performs dimensional and visual inspection of products, parts, assemblies and special processes. May determine inspection methods
- Will involve the ability to perform the inspection of a large variety of parts and/or assemblies
- Will perform First Articles, as required.
- Completes the associated inspection paper work and documentation per company procedures
- Has the ability to work in any area, which demands a. thorough overall knowledge of the product and related assembly, processing and documentation
- Works from blueprints, engineering planning, shop orders, etc., using precision instruments, as necessary, for compliance to the inspection specifications
- When required, collects Statistical Process Control (SPC) data and enters it into special software.
- Enters data in ERP system and generates required reports using MS Office Applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required.
- Thorough knowledge of general inspection and normal company inspection procedures and practices
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications as used by the company
- Prefer familiarity with bonding and assembly processes
- Ability to demonstrate proficient use of basic precision measuring equipment
- Must successfully pass written examination with a minimum score of 75%
- Sound knowledge and abilities in Statistical Process Control (SPC)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Three years general inspection or related experience
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers and management
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to read and write in English at a 12th grade level
- Ability to perform basic math functions at a 12th grade level
- Good attendance and a positive attitude with a team player approach
801 Royal Oaks
Monrovia, California, 91016
Practical And Pragmatic
Statistical Process Controls