District Manager in Training
Professional level sales and entry level management position responsible for supporting basic and advance functions on DIY and professional business. The role has knowledge of store systems, advance automotive system knowledge and parts knowledge, and has ability for identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY customers. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. The role owns responsibility for maintaining company standards around operating and product processes. MIT role is a developmental position to prepare for a General Manager role. The time in role should minimally be 6 months and is not recommended to exceed 1 year. MITs will participate in the GM learning journey. MITs must have the flexibility and desire to interview for and accept an open role within the district, region, or area based on business needs (vacancies, inventories, etc.). The MIT position is only full time. MVR certification preferred.
• Provide GAS3 selling experience for DIY and professional customers
• Provide leadership and developmental coaching for store Team Members
• Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
• Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Ensure high standards of customer service including prompt handling of any complaints for product and operational standards
• Understand levers to impact P&L
• Manager on duty responsibilities (touch base/coaching, issue resolution, floor/phone mgmt., task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
• Weekly scheduling process
• Assist in backing up operations of commercial delivery program
• Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Act like an owner
• Superior communication and customer service skills
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
• ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
• Ability to execute and train advanced solution, project and product quality recommendations
• Ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc.
• Ability to execute and train all store operational processes and procedures, and testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
• Ability to execute and train inventory systems and store equipment
• Ability to execute and train POS and Parts lookup systems
• Ability to review and analyze P&L statement
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as an Assistant General Manager
• Working knowledge of automotive systems preferred
• Speak and write English (bi-lingual a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and upper management
• Use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required – PowerPoint preferred)
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, sales increases, and gross profit percent
• Ability to review and analyze business reports, such as profit and loss statement (P&L)
• Hold others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is inspiring
Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Manager In Training up for Success
• 2-3 years of experience managing a team of 10 – 20 Team Members in a fast-paced and highly dynamic retail
• Successful experience managing profitability; proven financial and business acumen
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree in business or a related area
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.