Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home.
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of transmission line engineering including, conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations and electrical principles to:
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 765kV range.
- Perform structural analysis and design of pole, lattice, framed, and guyed structures.
- Perform foundation designs.
- Perform conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
- Develop cost estimates and schedules and prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
- Specify transmission line components.
- Model transmission lines in PLS-CADD, determine right of way requirements, calculate conductor sags, and develop transmission line plan and profile drawings.
- Review vendor submittals.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Auto Cad