To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westchester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant - RTF
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Inc. • Westchester, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Provide secretarial and administrative support for the program. Monitor and maintain all files and Records. Using office automation products, type routine and complex correspondence, and may be called upon to compose routine correspondence. May generate flyers and announcements and is responsible for the timely distribution of such documents.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Compose routine correspondence, when instructed to do so by the supervisor.
- Answer calls, take accurate messages and route calls to the appropriate party. Take accurate, detailed messages where necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Handle all information received in a confidential manner.
- Type routine and complex correspondence accurately
- Attend and type meeting minutes, create flyers, announcements, and other communication as required, under supervisor's direction.
- Provide basic clerical coverage including photo copying, faxing, etc.
- Clean and organize mail room and ensure mail is picked up, sorted, delivered
- Monitor department timesheets and submit signed sheets to Payroll, including but not limited to Requisitions to Hire (RTF); Personnel Action Forms (PAF)s, Time sheet corrections, and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Schedule appointments and meetings via computer in Outlook.
- Maintain department staff files.
- Meet, greet, and keep track of clients and families.
- Manage and update department database(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
- High School Diploma or Equivalency. Associate and/or Bachelor's degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals):
- Minimum of three years of experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant capacity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effective
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of PC software (specifically office automation products) including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and database desktop publishing capabilities.