We are the Wallenius Wilhelmsen group, delivering innovative and sustainable global shipping and logistics solutions for manufacturers of cars, trucks, heavy equipment and specialized cargo. Our longevity of 157 years in business means we stay relevant and in motion!
Come join our Region Americas Ocean team as the Port & Cargo Operations Supervisor in our Baltimore, MD office!
In this role as the Port & Cargo Operations Supervisor you will:
As a Cargo Superintendent for Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, you will have responsibility for quality cargo handling, damage prevention and supervision of vessel and terminal operations.
- Focus on efficient processes and continuous operational improvement.
- Ensure subcontractors operate according to our requirements.
- Ensure that all cargo is discharged and loaded per guidelines set forth by carrier and by our customers.
- Report and distribute information before, during and after vessel operations.
- Accountable to ensure budgetary requirements are met.
- Assist in proper positioning of our equipment in cooperation with vessel planning within scope of responsibility.
- Assist and engage in all vessel husbandry activity.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in accordance with our safety program. #CB
Your experience and background include:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of vessel and/or terminal operations including but not limited to labor contracts, safety regulations and environmental compliance.
- Stevedore experience and/or management of ILA labor.
- Technical knowledge related to vessel specifications.
- Maritime/College degree preferred, but not required.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Aptitude towards developing strong IT skills with industry software
- Ability to work safely and effectively outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time in an industrial setting.
Why Wallenius Wilhelmsen?
Our Employee Assistance Program offers a broad range of services including personal, professional, wellness, and financial coaching and online training for personal development.
Our Culture Compass (values) guides how we work together exhibiting Courage, Imagination, Trust, Candor and Speed.
Oversee Entire Shift
Training Crew Members
Oversight Of Production
Daily Production Standards