Travel Required: None
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an experienced L&D Professional joining our team activities.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
The ServiceNow Developer will be responsible for the development and administration of solutions within GDIT ServiceNow environments. The developer will work with members of the CIO-Technology Shared Services Applications Team, customers, and external vendors to design, implement, test, document, and deploy enhancements, fixes, and configuration changes needed to support the enterprise. Daily activities will include developing solutions within ServiceNow, assisting with the integration of other apps/tools with ServiceNow, system administration, report development and testing of the product and its sub-modules.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree, IT Related
- 2+ years of experience working with ITSM solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Superior attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex business needs and adapt appropriately.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies applicable to the ServiceNow platform
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Experience creating and executing test cases using ServiceNow’s Automated Test Framework
- Understanding of IT service management and common service level agreement measurements
- Established documentation skills
- Strong written and oral communications required
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs.
- Support the development and configuration of a variety of areas including, but not limited to Service Portal, Change, Problem, Incident, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Release / SDLC, Configuration Management (CMDB), Project, Reporting, and SLAs.
- Collaborate with team members to define, analyze, understand and document business and technical requirements.
- Design and develop / configure workflows, forms, scripts and underlying logic using SCRUM / Agile methodologies.
- Participate in and support ServiceNow version upgrades.
- Offer technical solutions to address requirements. Evaluate alternate solutions, identify the best option and implement the solution.
- Create technical architecture, design and user guide documentation.
- Conduct in-person and virtual training sessions for stakeholders as appropriate.
- Coach and oversee the activities of fulfillers and Service Delivery process owners.
- Develop user and executive leadership reports, dashboards, and homepages
- Implement service level agreements
- Develops queries to extract data for user needs
- Tests reports and uses problem solving skills to determine problems’ root cause and suggest solutions with users
- Records limits, sort order, scripts and relevant data to document report logic and operations
- Discusses with staff, users and management to develop requirements to create new report or revise current report
- Other duties as assigned
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Configuration Management Databases