To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lakeland, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IGT • Lakeland, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Overall Purpose and Objective:
The HR Generalist will provide support to the Human Resource Manager in the Lakeland, FL printing facility. Primary areas of responsibility include recruiting, onboarding, training, benefits administration, payroll support, employee relations and performing other general HR duties as needed.
- Recruiting: Full life cycle recruiting to include requisition creation and posting, applicant screening, creative sourcing for tough to fill positions, interview scheduling and participation, offer preparation and delivery and background check submission. The HR Generalist takes a consultative approach and partners with the hiring managers and the HR Manager at each step.
- Onboarding: Effective onboarding of new hires to include coordinating start date, providing benefits and policy information, scheduling orientation trainings, delivering the HR portion of those trainings, collecting new hire paperwork, setting non-exempt employees up in the payroll system and time clock, and initiating set up of network access and PC equipment procurement. The HR Generalist makes new hires feel welcome and should be a guide as they transition to their new role.
- Training: Efficient scheduling, delivering and tracking both required and supplemental trainings as directed by the corporate office or local management. The HR Generalist helps to identify and arrange training opportunities that will boost employee skill set and morale.
- Benefits Administration: Timely answering of employee benefits questions, escalating situations to corporate benefits as needed, assisting with benefits enrollment, and communicating benefits changes, including at open enrollment. The HR Generalist ensures that employees understand their benefits options so that they can make informed decisions.
- Payroll Support: Timely answering of employee questions, entering new hires into the system, modifying employee data as it changes and serving as a payroll processing back up as needed. The HR Generalist ensures that employees understand their pay.
- Employee Relations: Discretely responding to employee questions, comments and concerns and escalating them to the HR Manager as necessary. Also responsible for partnering with management and the HR Manager to create, track, and file corrective action documentation as required. The HR Generalist helps to maintain the balance between employee engagement and operational efficiency.
- Minimum three years of experience in human resources and recruiting, ideally in manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- HR Certification (SHRM or HRCI) preferred.
- Experience with working on an applicant tracking system (ATS), Success Factors experience and SAP experience a plus.
- Knowledge of safety programs and ISO certification a plus.
- Must possess general business knowledge that can be translated into programs, plans and tactics to enhance the site's recruiting and HR programs.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must have a continuous learning and improvement mindset, staying abreast of HR trends, particularly in regards to recruiting
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.