To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1502 East Centennial Drive
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Ascension Living • Pittsburg, KS
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for the direct care of those we serve and supervision of staff, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state in which employed as well as ministry policies and procedures. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, recognizes, reports and responds to changes in resident/patient condition.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for resident safety, identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff, evaluates the provision of direct resident care, and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of certified nurse assistants and certified medication aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous material handling and fire safety.
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- A minimum of one year experience as a LPN preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Possesses working knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all clinical matters.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
- Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills, and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Exhibits safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates procedural competencies for assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems in order to complete data entry required.
- Ability to navigate the internet and Via Christi intranet required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed as a practical or vocational nurse in the state in which employed.
- CPR certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to push and pull items, such as resident/patient beds, requiring a force of up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds at waist height. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing 100-400 pounds and occasionally required to assist in maneuvering resident/patients weighing over 400 pounds.
- Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
- Frequently perform activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to effectively communicate.
- Occasionally required to sit in a stationary position for up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as resident calls, verbal orders, monitors, and phone calls.
- Frequently able to use hands and fingers to perform simple and fine motor handling tasks, such as taking vital signs, writing, and using a keyboard.
- Frequently able to use different types of visual perceptions to perform activities such as moving medical equipment, evaluating resident/patients, reading monitors and charts, and reading computer screens.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate infection or other problems with a resident, or environmental issues such as smoke.
Via Christi Villages/ Ascension Senior Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.