Goodwill Retail Services, one of the fastest growing retailers in the area, is seeking energetic individuals who have a desire to grow with us. Join us today to get started on your own Goodwill career path.
Ask about our new Employee Referral Program
for more details on how to earn $250 or more per referral. We are looking for more amazing talent to grow our teams, just like you! Earn an additional $1300 per year for good attendance! Management incentive of based on store goals!
The Retail Supervisor contributes to the Goodwill mission by leading our retail stores and donation sites to achieve their overall goals. As a supervisor you will be responsible for opening/closing the store, managing register efficiency, achieving daily production goals, providing excellent customer service, and developing associates. Within our retail stores we want you to use your experience and skills to train, motivate, and lead our associates to create a customer centric store and donation environment. You will work together with your team to achieve sales and production goals that make your store successful.Our Retail Supervisors must exhibit the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Directing & Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Timely Decision Making
Working at Goodwill is more than a job. You will be supporting our mission to provide training, employment, and supportive services for people with disabilities or disadvantages who seek greater independence.
Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and retail store operations. Implements, revises, and sustains policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 3 - 12 months.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. May serve as a team member or subject matter expert on formal projects or within the department. Effectively engages in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Periodic review of work by manager or senior coworker. Solves problems of moderate to advanced complexity; able to identify root cause, interpret data and resolve issues.
3. Technical Skill: Understands and applies professional principles and skills within area of specialization to modify processes to resolve situations.
4. Community Engagement: Champions Goodwill's community engagement initiatives and serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider community.
5. Maximize the value of all donated goods and maintain production and store environment standards.
6. Coordinate the proper rotation of goods in the store to ensure a continuous flow of new merchandise.
7. Support the training and coaching of all employees to reach their potential as a highly productive and collaborative members of the team. Oversee that there is adequate coverage at POS and in donations.
8. Assist with hiring process of associates; completing phone screens, interviews, new hire orientations and training as needed.
9. Function as a service experience leader (SEL); operate register, assign tills, maintain efficient customer flow, sales staff productivity and proper cash controls.
10. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment; ensure employees operate equipment safely and follow safe work practices.
11. Work with Store Management to conduct apprehensions following established loss prevention policies and procedures.
12. Accurately complete data entry of required reports on time. Share with leadership insight or concerns found in report data or other documentation.
13. Consistently communicate and implement policies and procedures, reporting concerns to leadership.
14. Plan and organize work assignments to increase customer service and protect assets.
15. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
2. Able to complete and retain forklift certification.
3. Work varied schedule and flexible hours; a minimum of two closing shifts per week and every other weekend as scheduled. Additional nights and weekend shifts may be required to meet business needs.
4. Must have working phone that allows for communication accessibility.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
Regularly lifts and/or moves up 10 pounds, frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds, occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Lift: Raises objects from lower to higher position or moves objects horizontally. Stoop, kneel crouch or crawl: Positions self to retrieve objects. Reach: Extending upwards or downwards to retrieve objects. Worker is subject to weather conditions (hot, humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker is subject to human blood, body fluids or tissue. Worker is subject to hazards: proximity to dangerous machinery, moving vehicles, electrical currents, chemicals, or high places. Required to stand for long periods of time, Required to hear and respond to warning devices on equipment, vision Required for while using computer keyboard and work with written and electronic information and to assess store and donation center operations, travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Business Requirements
- Change Management
- Community Management
- Computer Keyboards
- Customer Demand Planning