Division Controller - Clayton Properties Group in Maryville, TN
The Division Controller is responsible for all Financial Accounting and Reporting for the division. This individual is responsible for leading the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly, quarterly and year end processes. This position will work closely with the President of the Properties Group as well as the Home Building Group CFO on all aspects of the financial operations of the division.
The Division Controller will also work closely with the Executive team of the division with respect to providing support for strategic planning, financial oversight, and financial leadership.
- Participates as a member of the Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the division’s mission and strategic plan.
- Ensures the division meets all regulatory and compliance needs.
- Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
- Assumes oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to division and corporate policies.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
- Ensure that all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting are completed accurately and on a timely basis, to include the completion of month end, quarter end and year-end close processes for the division.
- Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting.
- Participates in the creation of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
- Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
- Proficient with and knowledgeable of all current General Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
- Assure adherence to GAAP. Resolve questions of GAAP interpretation and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Ability to see the “Big Picture” and access risk on an enterprise basis
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Four-year degree in accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible financial oversight and experience with a major company or division of a large corporation.
- CPA experience preferred. M & A transaction advisory experience a plus.
- Must have high level communication skills, including strategic partnership experience at an executive level.
- Great attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
International Financial Reporting Standards
Standard Accounting Practices
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles