At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accountant who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Accountant supervises and coordinates activities of accounting and commissary/warehouse personnel engaged in calculating, posting and verifying financial data in relation to the business office, commissary/warehouse, and operational matters. Assists in preparation and review of monthly facility financial statements, monthly variance analysis, and performs periodic ad hoc analysis.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of a variety of standard operating records and reports, including those required by management, partnership agency and/or government regulations.
- Prepares and/or reviews reporting packages which includes accounts payable documents, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and bank reconciliations for accuracy. This includes monitoring and controlling all transactions involving inmate monies and the supervision of the daily balancing of the inmate fund.
- Assigns or verifies assignment of proper account codes to purchase orders, accounts payable, P-card purchases and other types of expenditures or receipts to ensure financial transactions are allocated to the appropriate account.
- Supports and assists with the annual FF&E inventory verification of the physical plant and commissary/warehouse month-end inventories. Assists with or prepares reports for inventories and other operational endeavors.
- Manages the business office when needed or in absence of the Business Administrator. Assists in the effective management of facility/department communications, resources, internal control and compliance, reporting and documentation.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation and/or update of ACA and contract agency fiscal management files. Assists and participates in all ACA, contract, and fiscal audits of the facility.
- Monitors areas to make reliable visual identification of inmates/residents, authorized personnel and other individuals to maintain safety and security.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or other acceptable related field is required.
- Two years of accounting experience is required.
- Additional accounting experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting principles, Microsoft Word, and Excel. Experience with an Enterprise software such as Oracle/JD Edwards and inventory management is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran