Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for administrating, preparing, and reviewing payroll tax returns. Provide responses to government agency inquiries and administer W2 reporting in a multi-state, multi-FEIN environment. Filing timely accurate returns to the taxing authorities and jurisdictions as assigned. This includes federal tax filing, state tax, local, and disability as required.Responsibilities
- Acts as a subject matter expert and/or resource to others in the area of payroll taxes.
- File appropriate tax returns for payroll related taxes in an accurate, timely manner
- Respond promptly to inquiries for information from external and internal customers including taxing authorities
- Inform management of changes to tax requirements that impact the company and/or Team Members
- Take an active role in testing of periodic software updates that impact tax withholding or tax reporting
- Research and set up state tax jurisdictions across multi-state sites; including locals.
- Reconcile assigned returns to quarterly and annual reporting from ADP Tax Filing Services (FACS)
- Coordinate with third party vendor regarding the production of 6,000+ W2 forms annually, including reporting of files to Social Security Administration
- Responsible for the preparation of all W2C's for all FEIN's and related federal amended tax returns, reporting other requirements for tax returns to the appropriate Tax Specialist
- Provide customer service to employees: in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay, where to locate forms and information on company’s intranet, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instructions on withholding issues
- Maintain all levels of confidentiality especially with sensitive payroll information
- Maintain a tax checklist to be used for Business Continuity Planning
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Develop in depth understanding of Payroll Databases to be able to create Ad-Hoc reports on demand
- Compiles and validates the accuracy of payroll report data for internal business partners, e.g., Finance, Benefits, HRIS, Stock Administration, etc. to facilitate reconciliation and reporting requirements.
- Maintain professional payroll knowledge by attending educational workshops and/or online training; reviewing professional publications (PAYTECH magazine)
- Coordinate and reconcile restricted stock unit updates for tax purposes working with an outside vendor to ensure accuracy of tax deductions and timeliness of updates
- Train Team Members on tax filing procedures and train incumbents on new process taxes impacting their position
- Serve as a resource to the Payroll Manager and make independent judgments within established limits
- Assist Payroll Manager with research and coordinate audits from internal and external sources
- Coordinate coverage of tasks when Payroll Manager is out of the office to ensure no deadlines are missed
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification required or working towards the certification. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Working arrangements are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position