Sr. Financial AnalystCompensation:
$75000.00 to $105000.00 yearly
We are actively recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join a stable, established organization in the Santa Barbara area. This position will focus on a variety of activities including: review of trust accounting, annual financial statements, and Form 5500 filings for the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and Defined Contribution Pension Plan; support of annual retirement plan audits and coordination of ESOP participant distributions; lease accounting, payments, and associated journal entries; monitoring of corporate cash investment activities; coordination of a variety of monthly/quarterly/annual accounting and finance deliverables; and special projects related to retirement plans, lease portfolio, business insurance, general ledger accounting, audit, and financial analysis. The successful candidate must be able to successfully complete simultaneous projects with acute attention to detail and interface with 3rd party service providers including the company’s external auditors.
Key responsibilities include:
Retirement Plan Accounting Activities:
- Detailed review of all retirement plan trust accounting reports and plan financial statements to ensure complete accuracy and full compliance with Plan documents
- Compliance activities related to retirement plan audits, Form 5500 filings, and non-discrimination testing
- Coordination of ESOP related distributions and preparation of documentation for stock redemptions
- Participate in preparation of annual census data
- Participate in review of vendor relationships, plan design, and legal compliance
- Monitor plan investments
- Monitor regulatory changes impacting the Company’s retirement plans
Lease Accounting Activities:
- Manage all aspects of lease accounting for 15+ leased US facilities and facility use agreements
- Ensure proper US GAAP reporting of lease transactions
- Prepare all monthly journal entries related to recording of lease activities
- Analyze all operating cost reconciliations for accuracy and compliance with lease terms
- Monitor division and group compliance with lease provisions and proactively work with Sr. Management to provide required notices and prepare for renewals and new transactions
- Maintain investment schedules, record investment activities, and reconcile fund balances
- Coordinate issuance of certificates of insurance for business lines of coverage and coordinate insurance clause reviews with providers
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting activities including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and accruals
- Support the CFO in preparation of financial reporting, audit and interpreting complicated financial information for Sr. Management and Executives
- Assist in forecasting selected expense accounts
We are looking for a strong Senior Financial Analyst who is interested in learning new aspects of this business!
If this seems like an interesting role for you, please apply today! Email blocked - click to apply
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• 5 years accounting or financial analyst experience
• Experience related to retirement plan trust accounting and ERISA preferred
• Advanced MS Excel User and technology driven
• Proficiency with accounting software
• Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with the highest level of integrity
• Accurate, detailed, and deadline driven
• Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within established time constraints
• Proactive work style and desire to take on additional responsibilities
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles