Internal Audit Lead
As a member of the Corporate Internal Audit Team, the Internal Audit Lead will perform an important role in leading and performing financial and operational reviews and various value-add projects under the direction of internal audit management. The Internal Audit Lead will be responsible for assisting Internal Audit management with project planning, execution, and reporting.
The following are the primary responsibilities for the position:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Under the direction of Internal Audit management, lead the planning, testing and reporting for various operational audits in accordance with professional and department standards.
- Perform testing of certain company key controls over financial reporting for SOX 404 requirements.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- Work closely with the company's external auditors and third party service providers.
- Review work performed by other team members where applicable and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
- Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames and that delays/issues/concerns are communicated to Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
- Stay abreast of audit and accounting standards and emerging issues in the areas applicable to the company.
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of business activities, objectives, applicable laws, regulations, and associated risks to the company and industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the execution of assignments and communication with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to work closely and collaboratively with people at all levels in the department and within the organization.
- Strong analytical thinker and detail oriented with the ability to proactively identify issues and assist in resolution.
- Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge, plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Undergraduate Degree required. Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Possession of or working towards a professional certification a plus (CIA, CISA, CPA, etc.).
- Three or more years of audit related experience, (internal audit, compliance or public accounting). Operational audit experience a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley or similar controls testing experience required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
200 E. Sandpointe, Suite 700
Santa Ana, California, 92707