Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :11631
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location :Columbus, OH (Whse)
State or Province :Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location :United States : Ohio : Columbus
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to manually select product for orders and prepare for shipment, and transport pallets on motorized pallet jacks throughout our Customer Fulfillment Center.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- $16.50 / hour with a 7.5% shift differential for hours worked between 6pm and 6am ($17.74 / hour)
- Up to a $3000 Sign-on Bonus
- Incentive bonuses
- No Mandatory Overtime
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Pick and count items from bins, flat stock and racks to fill orders.
- Load, unload and move product by hand, tote or by skid.
- Verify products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity; inspect products for damage or improper packaging; and use RF equipment to validate items.
- Batch orders and assign packing slips to pick product to totes via RF scanning.
- Operate basic (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced (i.e., turret truck, order picker) powered equipment.
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions in order to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
WHAT IT TAKES
The motivated individual we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- Internal certification to drive powered equipment within specified time requirements
- Internal certification to pick DOT-regulated items, if required
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
PandoLogic.Keywords:Merchandiser, Location:Columbus,OH-43201, PL:554291409
- Business Requirements
- Law Enforcement
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Product Lining