This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing global investment bank based in the Detroit area. Clients include multi-billion dollar blue-chip public companies, middle-market private equity firms, and privately owned business owners. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn best practices from colleagues with diverse experience in bulge bracket investment banking, middle-market investment banking, consulting, and private equity. Company is seeking to complement its Birmingham-based team of professionals with a qualified, motivated Vice President.
We offer a collegial, entrepreneurial work environment along with an intensive learning experience in M&A deal execution. We also offer a work environment with ample opportunity for career advancement at a pace as rapid as your experience and skill set allow. As a Vice President, you will:
- Lead the firm 's pre-marketing due diligence on a client 's business, including the analysis and assessment of business strategy, market positioning, operations, growth prospects, financial trends and performance, and competitive environment;
- Manage M&A transactions, including project leadership, buyer contacts and communication, client management and communication, hosting on-site meetings with buyers, coordination of junior resource tasks, etc.;
- Leadership and review of junior resource work product, including financial and valuation models, offering materials, pitch materials, research, etc.;
- Coordinate and support a buyer 's business due diligence on our client 's business;
- Assist in the development and training of junior resources;
- Prepare and present marketing pitches;
- Assist in the marketing of the firm 's services and planning of engagements;
- Travel to clients and potential clients, which can be extensive at times;
- Begin to develop an industry expertise that will be leveraged in further career advancement at the firm; and
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors.
Teamwork and creativity are essential at our firm. All employees are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help grow our business. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, outgoing, detail-oriented, and possess strong financial analysis skills. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of accounting and finance, proven analytical and research capabilities, a hard work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A Bachelor of Business Administration or Master of Business Administration degree is strongly preferred, and several years of work experience within corporate finance, accounting, valuation, or investment banking experience is required. Previous M&A experience is strongly preferred. Foreign language capabilities are also preferred.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)